Northern Vietnam Tour from Mountain to Sea – 10 Days
Visit the best attractions of Northern Vietnam in the 10-day trip at Hanoi, Lao Cai, Ha Giang, Cao Bang, and Halong. Start at the Vietnamese capital to behold the unique Old Quarter as well as impressive historical sites. Journey north to Sapa for experiencing vibrant Bac Ha market then move to Ha Giang for conquering the majestic pass along with trekking through stunning landscapes of nature. Enjoy peaceful moments on a boat at Ba Be Lake before ending the adventure in romantic Halong Bay by an amazing cruise ship.
Tour Route: Hanoi – Sapa (Lao Cai) – Ha Giang – Ba Be (Bac Kan) – Halong Bay
Duration: 10 Days/ 9 Nights
Date: No fixed dates
Start/ End: Hanoi/ Hanoi
Tour Customizable: Definitely! (Tell us your specific requirements in the inquiry form)
Accommodation: Listed below or equivalent
Tour Category: Vietnam Adventure Tours, Ha Giang Tours
Tour Type: Nature and Landscape, History and Experience
Brief Itinerary :
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival
Day 2: Hanoi – Lao Cai – Bac Ha Market
Day 3: Bac Ha Market – Hoang Su Phi
Day 4: Hoang Su Phi Trekking Tour
Day 5: Hoang Su Phi – Ha Giang – Quan Ba – Yen Minh – Dong Van
Day 6: Dong Van Rock Plateau – Ba Be Lake
Day 7: Ba Be Lake – Hanoi
Day 8: Hanoi – Halong Bay
Day 9: Halong Bay – Hanoi
Day 10: Hanoi Departure
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival
Upon your Hanoi arrival, Cozy Vietnam Travel’s tour guide and driver will meet you at the airport then transfer you to the hotel. The rest of the day is your free time to explore the Vietnamese capital. Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 2: Hanoi City Tour – Lao Cai – Bac Ha Market (B, L)
After breakfast, join in a cyclo tour taking you along Hanoi Old Quarter of 36 iconic streets. They are home to various private businesses and traditional handicraft. The streets are called by the names of the products sold there.
Then reach Ho Chi Minh Complex comprising of Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum at Ba Dinh Square, the Presidental Palace beside, Ho Chi Minh’s Stilt House, Ho Chi Minh Museum and One Pillar Pagoda. Before lunch, visit Temple of Literature known as the first Vietnamese university since the 11th century. Have lunch at a local restaurant.
In the afternoon, transfer to Lao Cai in about 4 hours then travel to Bac Ha town for overnight.
Day 3: Bac Ha Sunday Market – Hoang Su Phi (B, L, D)
The well-known Bac Ha Market of hill tribes is the must-visit attraction when visiting Sapa, Lao Cai. It is considered the wonderful holiday of ethnic groups living in the region where they can exchange products and participate in interesting activities. You can also visit H’mong King’s palace with mixed architectures constructed by Chinese and French. Enjoy lunch of local specialties at Bac Ha Market.
In the afternoon, reach Hoang Su Phi for taking impressive photos of the breathtaking natural landscapes before visiting some villages nearby. Spend a short trek to Nam Hong village and Red Yao Village. Overnight in homestay in Red Yao Village.
Day 4: Hoang Su Phi Trekking Tour (B, L, D)
Make your day full of amazing trekking by exploring majestic mountains of Hoang Su Phi and astonishing rice terraces recognized as the national heritage site. Take this chance to experience the life of local ethnic groups including their costumes, stilt houses, tradition, cultures, and cuisine of Tay, Black Yao, and Red Yao people. Have lunch with a local family then take a short rest.
In the afternoon and evening, get a closer look at the authentic life by taking part in the daily work of local people such as weaving, farming, and cooking. Overnight in a local house.
Day 5: Hoang Su Phi – Ha Giang – Quan Ba – Yen Minh – Dong Van (B, L, D)
Leave Sapa after breakfast then travel to Ha Giang for spectacular sceneries today. Visit the astounding Vuong Palace with the design combining French, Chinese, and Vietnamese architecture. Then behold the heaven gate at Quan Ba created by the twin mountains and the pristine nature at Yen Minh district. Arrive in Dong Van before sunset. Overnight in a hotel of Dong Van.
Day 6: Dong Van Rock Plateau – Ba Be Lake (B, L, D)
In the morning, visit the Rock Plateau in Dong Van, the great geopark recognized by UNESCO thanks to a unique collection of rocks and featured biodiversity. Then journey south to Ba Be Lake in Bac Kan province. Along the route, stop at Ma Li Peng pass, the most astounding pass in Northern Vietnam for photo shooting.
Arrive in Pac Ngoi Village of Tay ethnic group in the afternoon. You have some leisure time exploring the surrounding areas then enjoy the special dinner cooked by Tay women. Overnight in stilt house.
Day 7: Ba Be Lake – Hanoi (B, L)
After breakfast, join in a boat trip to discover the Ba Be Lake and Ba Be National Park. You will be told about the legend of how this magnificent lake was created as well as immersed in peaceful moments with cool breezes and pure water.
The boat trip will take you to the mysterious Puong Cave, the home to thousands of bats. Continue the sightseeing tour at Nang River to visit Dau Dang Waterfall. Afterward, transfer to Ra Market for lunch. In the afternoon, return to Hanoi. You can watch a traditional water puppet performance or simply take a rest for upcoming activities. Overnight in Hanoi
Day 8: Hanoi – Halong Bay (B, L, D)
After breakfast, travel to Halong Bay, the World Natural Heritage Sites then have lunch at the cruise ship. At the bay, the ship will take you to see Dog Head and Swan Islands, Incense Burner thenThumb Islands before visiting Ba Hang Floating Village with floating houses and friendly people. Choose a kayak then row to Luon cave to unlock its mysteries. Move to Titop Island for swimming and sunbathing then conquer its peak for a panoramic view of Halong Bay.
After dinner on board, participate the fishing crew to experience evening squid fishing. Overnight on boat.
Day 9: Halong Bay – Hanoi (B, L)
Enjoy the gorgeous dawn at Halong Bay with a cup of warm tea then take a Tai Chi exercise with the Master to relax your body after days of adventure. After breakfast, explore Sung Sot Cave (Surprising Cave) before return to the boat for a cooking demonstration showing how to cook Vietnamese traditional dishes.
Say goodbye to Halong and transfer back to Hanoi. The rest of the day is your leisure time.
Day 10: Hanoi Departure (B)
After breakfast, you will be transferred to the airport to take the flight home. 10-day Vietnam adventure tour ends.
- Accommodation in a shared double/twin room
- Stilt house and homestay in Ba Be and Ha Giang
- Private air-conditioned vehicles
- Private boat trip in Ba Be
- Meals as mentioned in the program (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Local English speaking guide (Other languages upon request)
- All entrance and sightseeing fees
- Cruise ship in Halong
- Bottles of mineral water
- International flights and airport taxes
- Vietnam Visa
- Travel insurance
- Other meals which are not indicated above
- Surcharge and Compulsory dinners (if any)
- Beverages in the restaurants where meals are included
- Gratuities to guides and drivers
- Personal and other expenses such as porter, bar bills and laundry not stated in the itinerary
- Sunblock cream & sunglasses
- Umbrella or raincoat
- Appropriate clothing for the season
- DO NOT WEAR SHORTS or your shoulders need to be covered when visiting temple !
- Some cash for drinks and tips
- The Price is NOT included payment fees (Bank or Gateway fee)
- Promotion is subject to availability upon confirmation
- If you cancel a trip after making a booking you will lose some or all of the money you have paid for the trip. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation. If you cancel a trip :
- 3 days or more prior to departure, we will refund 100% of your money
- 2 days prior to departure, we will refund 50% of total money you already paid
- 1 days prior to departure, we will refund 0% of total money you already paid.
- If you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services.
- We can change date of your tour for you, if you send us an email to reconfirm at least 1 day before
- We will Refund 100% if weather is bad and can not join the tour.
Children Policy :
- The rate for children applicable for one child sharing a twin or double cabin with two adults
- For infant (<04 years old): FOC except domestic ticket cost
- 04 - 11 years old without bed: 50% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old with extra bed: 75% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old in twin share: 90% adult rate.