Bat Trang Ceramic Village Tour – Half Day
This half-day Bat Trang Ceramic Village tour takes you to the most famous and long-established pottery village in Vietnam for hundred years old. Not only renowned as a traditional pottery village, but Bat Trang has also become a well-known tourist attraction in Hanoi. Visitors will have the chance to take a leisure drive along the bank of the Red River, unveil natural sceneries, admire the old-age process of making pottery and make your own products in this half day tour.
Highlights of Bat Trang Ceramic Village half-day Tour
- Enjoy a leisure half-day tour away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Discover the ceramic production process in Bat Trang Village
- Get a hands-on experience of making your own ceramics
- Have a chance to buy some lovely souvenirs
Experience our Bat Trang pottery village half-day tour with
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years of driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned, big window
- Cozy Vietnam Travel Office: 24/7 customer service, accommodate all your needs
Introduction to Bat Trang Pottery Village
Bat Trang Ceramic Village is a small village situated on a vital location on the bank of the Red River and about 13 km from Hanoi to the East (Its address is in Gia Lam District, Hanoi). Founded in the 14th century, Bat Trang is the most famous and long-standing traditional handicraft villages in Vietnam and in Hanoi in particular. Today, the village is famed for its high-quality porcelain and ceramic products which have been exported to many countries in the world. Possessing both natural sceneries and aesthetic values, Bat Trang village is an ideal place for those to getting bored with the crowds and bustle city life.
Bat Trang Pottery Village Tour Itinerary
Our half-day tour to Bat Trang village starts at 8:30 AM in the morning or 1.00 PM in the afternoon.
On our arrival, you will be amazed by the view of all pottery and ceramic showrooms scattering all over the village. We first stop by Bat Trang communal house which was built under Le Du Tong King’s period (from 1719 to 1720) to admire at the ancient architecture of rural villages in the Red River Delta.
After that, we pay a visit to the ancient house and workshop of ceramic artist Tran Van Do who has a great contribution to promote ceramic products to be well recognized. Continue our tour to the ancient house of other talented ceramic artists to have a talk with them over a green tea about the history of the village and admire their exquisite handmade ceramic products. The French ancient house built in Bat Trang ceramic village in the 1920s should also not be missed in our tour. The building is highly favored by visitors by its unique look among traditional houses of roofing tiles and the materials were imported from France in the last century.
Later on, under cottage industries, you witness craftsmen forming, painting and glazing their products in traditional ways and give a try to make your own cap, vase or bowl and take them home.
At 11.00AM or 4.0PM: You are free for shopping before returning to the city center of Hanoi. At 12.00AM or 5.00PM: Finish off our tour to Bat Trang village at hotel in Hanoi.
- Transport by private A/C vehicle
- All entrance and sightseeing fees
- Local English speaking guide
- A bottle of water/person
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Pre & post accommodation
- Sunblock cream & sunglasses
- Umbrella or raincoat
- Appropriate clothing for the season
- DO NOT WEAR SHORTS or your shoulders need to be covered when visiting temple !
- Some cash for drinks and tips
- The Price is NOT included payment fees (Bank or Gateway fee)
- Promotion is subject to availability upon confirmation
- If you cancel a trip after making a booking you will lose some or all of the money you have paid for the trip. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation. If you cancel a trip :
- 3 days or more prior to departure, we will refund 100% of your money
- 2 days prior to departure, we will refund 50% of total money you already paid
- 1 days prior to departure, we will refund 0% of total money you already paid.
- If you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services.
- We can change date of your tour for you, if you send us an email to reconfirm at least 1 day before
- We will Refund 100% if weather is bad and can not join the tour.
Children Policy :
- The rate for children applicable for one child sharing a twin or double cabin with two adults
- For infant (<04 years old): FOC except domestic ticket cost
- 04 - 11 years old without bed: 50% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old with extra bed: 75% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old in twin share: 90% adult rate.