Hanoi Street Food Tour – 1 Day
This is considered the heart of Vietnam’s 1,000 year-old capital. Worldwide, food lovers refer to this area as heaven because of the variety of street foods and their complex flavors, ranging from small snacks to main dishes and sweet desserts. There are many family-owned restaurants that have been run for generations, and their special recipes and secret ways to cook delicious, authentic Hanoian food cannot be found anywhere else.
Everyone can find their favorite when strolling around Hanoi’s Old Quarter. This area is also home to a beloved holy attraction — Hoan Kiem Lake (Sword Lake). This is a source of deep pride for all Hanoians and the starting point for measuring any distance. There is a traditional food market in the area as well. One can imagine the freshness of ingredients provided to the nearby restaurants every early morning.
We know that Old Quarter’s 36 streets will leave you satisfied, with a full heart and and even fuller stomach.
The Highlight of Hanoi Street Food Tour :
When you come on our Cozy Vietnam Travel in Hanoi, you will be immersed in a variety of of local culinary specialties that showcase Vietnam’s most loved foods.
- The tour begins with an introduction to the local food scene over a light and refreshing appetizer, nom bo kho — green papaya salad with beef.
- To understand the background of Vietnamese cooking ingredients, your guide will take you to visit Hang Be Market, where you’ll find all kinds of goods ranging from meat, and tropical fruits to dried food items for worshipping.
- You’ll get to watch how locals make your steamed meat and mushroom pancake, and enjoy it right after, while it’s hot and fresh.
- Your Vietnamese food tour would be incomplete without slurping a bowl of phò, which is considered Vietnam’s unofficial national dish
- On the way to Old Quarter, you’ll see many hawkers selling fresh fruits (not available during rainy days) and have time to take pictures and sample the selection.
- Next, we’ll follow in President Obama’s footsteps and enjoy bun cha — rice noodles topped with grilled pork.
- We’ll enjoy a nice stroll along Hanoi’s 1,000 year old streets to allow you to digest while drinking sugar cane juice with cumquat (summer season) or hot soup (winter season), which are popular drinks for locals.
- After our stroll, we indulge in a classic with the deep flavors of bánh mì. Enjoy the crisp baguette and colorful combination of cheese, pickled vegetables, sausage, fried egg, chicken, or beef.
- We’ll take a seat in a cozy café to enjoy some regional rice wine alongside a sausage and cashews, just like the locals do.
- No Cozy Vietnam Travel is complete without our signature Secret Dish. Our final stop takes us to a hidden venue for a delicious surprise.
This tour is combined street food & mini restaurants together.
“Tour starts from 11.30- 14.30/ or 18.00- 21.00”
At 11.30/or 18.00, our tour guide will welcome you at your hotel lobby, then start walking around 4Km in old quarter “36 old streets” to visit some famous and specialized- food families or stalls/ local restaurants, shops where they run their business everyday, certainly you will watch and taste around 6- 8 particular dishes, we can customize vegetarian or special food too.
Special thing that tour guide would like to introduce some popular authentic food in lovely mini restaurants (not luxury restaurants) where you feel comfortable to sit down and enjoy some favorite dishes and nice drinks too.
It’s interesting to hear from tour guide about the history of the old quarter in Hanoi, it is thousand years old and today retains much of the old flavor that made the area special in earlier times, each street was the exclusive domain of one trade (guilds) so there are whole streets of blacksmiths, silver shops, paper shops, headstone makers and more. Originally there were just 36 old streets in the old quarter but today there are more than 50 streets.
It is very difficult to find some local food stalls and mini restaurants on your own in hidden alleys and sidewalks, certainly the best way to make it easy is joining with Go Asia Travel, taking part in this special tour to learn about Vietnamese cuisine, culture, people and language.
After all. Food on Foot Tour will give you an unique experience to try the foods of the local Hanoi people, we ensure the food is handled hygienically and provide a comfortable venue for the tastings. The benefit also goes back to the vendors or restaurants/ families as we buy directly from them.
At 14.30/or 21.00, our tour guide say goodbye to you, and will help you order taxi or show you direction back your hotel. See you again!
Please Contact us to get more informations !!!
Please Contact us to get more informations !!!
- Sunblock cream & sunglasses
- Umbrella or raincoat
- Appropriate clothing for the season
- DO NOT WEAR SHORTS or your shoulders need to be covered when visiting temple !
- Some cash for drinks and tips
- The Price is NOT included payment fees (Bank or Gateway fee)
- Promotion is subject to availability upon confirmation
- If you cancel a trip after making a booking you will lose some or all of the money you have paid for the trip. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation. If you cancel a trip :
- 3 days or more prior to departure, we will refund 100% of your money
- 2 days prior to departure, we will refund 50% of total money you already paid
- 1 days prior to departure, we will refund 0% of total money you already paid.
- If you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services.
- We can change date of your tour for you, if you send us an email to reconfirm at least 1 day before
- We will Refund 100% if weather is bad and can not join the tour.
Children Policy :
- The rate for children applicable for one child sharing a twin or double cabin with two adults
- For infant (<04 years old): FOC except domestic ticket cost
- 04 - 11 years old without bed: 50% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old with extra bed: 75% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old in twin share: 90% adult rate.