Mekong Delta with Floating Markets & Home-Stay – 3 Days
This itinerary is specially tailor-made for tourists who expect to have a local perspective of unique features of Mekong Delta, where the beauty of nature, people and life are fused. Here, among the green lush vegetation, you will be immersed in bustle and hustle floating markets and also enjoy the rustic living of riverside cities.
- Warm up with the cruise to the Cai Be floating market
- Enjoy sampan rides through the dense network of Mekong River’s waterways
- Revel in visiting traditional handicraft workshops
- Visit the floating fish farm and brick kilns in Vinh Long
- Explore the most vibrant floating markets in Mekong Delta: Cai Rang
- Appreciate the daily life of locals and experience yourself
- Enjoy over-night stay with a local hospitable host
- Feast on delicious meals
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned, big window
- Cozy Vietnam Travel Office: 24/7 customer service, accommodate all your needs
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh City – Cai Be – Home-stay (L, D)
This morning, we travel to Cai Be colorful floating market, is known as a wholesale floating market. The wholesalers on big boats often moor here. The buyers often take the smaller boats so they can easily find what they are looking for following the tall wooden poles which hang samples of the goods on the big boats. Here, the boat will take us among local barges full of fruits and vegetables.
After the market, we stop at local workshops to visit rice paste, coconut candy, pop-rice, pop-corn production or we visit the handicraft village where the local people make special products of rice-net for spring rolls, fish sauce, soya sauce, cooking salt, sewing coconut-leaves for cottage proof….Then we stop for lunch.
In the afternoon, the rowing boat will take us deeper into the countryside along the canals. It’s time we feel the peaceful air while passing traditional houses which made of wood, palm tree leaves; farmers catching fishes or picking up fruits by the ancestral way in Mekong Delta.
Arriving at home-stay, we check in and enjoy the last but not least activity of the day is biking. It will be so amazing to bike on village paths to see the local farms, houses, real life and the ancestral ways to pick up fruits in Mekong Delta.
In the rest of the day, we learn cooking some dishes with the owners, then enjoy dinner and have the cup of tea or rice wine when talking together. We can ask the locals about the culture, people, and history of this Island. They do not mind to answer some personal questions. Overnight at home-stay.
Day 2: Vinh Long – Can Tho (B, L)
After breakfast with the host family, we will get a boat on the river for a cruise along some small canals and then the endless waterways of the mighty Mekong. Continue our boat trip to Vinh Long. Sometime we will stop for visiting brick pottery kilns and a floating fish farm. After that, we drive to Can Tho city which is considered to be the heart of the Mekong Delta. Overnight in Can Tho.
Day 3: Cai Rang floating market – Can Tho – Ho Chi Minh City (B)
Early morning today, we will take the boat trip to visit the famous Cai Rang floating market with the busy sense right at the time. This is a biggest floating market in Mekong Delta where we can see the daily life and local people selling their products on boats.
We head back to Ho Chi Minh city and tour ends in the lobby of the hotel.
Price: Please contact us for your special price.
- Private ground transfer
- English speaking guide (other language up on request)
- All entrance fees
- Home-stay in Cai Be with meals
- Meals indicated in the itinerary
- Hotel in Can Tho with breakfast
- Private Boat & Rowing boat
- Fruits (on boat, at orchard)
- Pop-rice; Coco-candy; Tea
Price: Please contact us for your special price.
- Sunblock cream & sunglasses
- Umbrella or raincoat
- Appropriate clothing for the season
- DO NOT WEAR SHORTS or your shoulders need to be covered when visiting temple !
- Some cash for drinks and tips
- The Price is NOT included payment fees (Bank or Gateway fee)
- Promotion is subject to availability upon confirmation
- If you cancel a trip after making a booking you will lose some or all of the money you have paid for the trip. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation. If you cancel a trip :
- 3 days or more prior to departure, we will refund 100% of your money
- 2 days prior to departure, we will refund 50% of total money you already paid
- 1 days prior to departure, we will refund 0% of total money you already paid.
- If you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services.
- We can change date of your tour for you, if you send us an email to reconfirm at least 1 day before
- We will Refund 100% if weather is bad and can not join the tour.
Children Policy :
- The rate for children applicable for one child sharing a twin or double cabin with two adults
- For infant (<04 years old): FOC except domestic ticket cost
- 04 - 11 years old without bed: 50% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old with extra bed: 75% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old in twin share: 90% adult rate.