The Pu Luong limestone landscape is an area of outstanding beauty, culture interest and high biodiversity value stretching from Mai Chau in the North to West to Cuc Phuong national park in the South East. It is blessed with rich forest, limestone panoramas, magnificent rice terraces and breathtaking scenery.
Experience the nature and culture of Mai Ha and Pu Luong Nature Reserve. Head into the depths of scuplted rice terraces by bicycle and foot.
Take the opportunity to explore the spectacular limestone mountains and we are also guests of traditional wooden stilt-houses of White Thai and Muong people. A truly enriching experience!
Highlight of the Trip :
An excursion to experience the authentic culture of the minority people, immerse into the stunning landscapes in Mai Chau, Pu Luong and Ninh Binh
- Muong, Thai ethnic minority’s culture
- Mountain landscapes in Mai Chau, Pu Luong
- Homestay experience
- Boat trip in Van Long
Tour information :
Duration: 4 Days
Transportation : Bus / Private Car
Pick Up Service: Hanoi Old Quarter Center
Easy Cancellation: 3 Days Before
Tour in Brief :
Day 1 : Hanoi – Mai Chau 145km – 3.5h
Day 2 : Mai Chau – Pu Luong 40km – 1h
Day 3 : Pu Luong – Ninh Binh 140km – 4h
Day 4 : Ninh Binh – Hanoi
Day 1 : Hanoi – Mai Chau
8:00 Am: Meet tour guide and driver then depart to Mai Chau. On the way, visit a Muong village at Cau Trong. Continue to the Thung Khe pass where you can view magnificent panoramic views of the valley before arriving in Mai Chau town. Mai Chau is a beautiful valley located 145 km away from Hanoi. It is great place with harmonious landscapes, green mountain ranges, rice terraces and White Thai ethnic villages.
Arrival in Mai Hich, check in your accommodation and enjoy local food cooked by the host. Later explore Mai Hich by bike(optional) or walk along the trails and concrete roads. You will be seduced by the gorgeous landscapes as the villages, rice fields, mountains and streams are in perfect harmony with one another. Do not miss the opportunity to communicate with the friendly local people who are always willing to welcome you into their house to enjoy a cup of tea. Return to your accommodation in the late afternoon.
Depart from Mai Hich directly to Eo Ken, 30km away, where the Muong ethnics live. Walk down the slope and enjoy the spectacular view of Pu Luong Nature reserve, rice field terraces and mountains. Visit a Muong ethnic family in Eo Ken village and discover their authentic life. Continue walking through this beautiful landscape and cross a stream to reach Hang Village.
Pick up by driver for transfering to Pu Luong. Check in your accommodation. In the afternoon transfer to Chieng Lau, a beautiful rice field area with bamboo water wheels. Walk through the field to the village and encounter the locals to discover their life, culture and customs. Another highlight of the day is bamboo rafting along the river which will give you an exceptional moment of relaxation after walking.
Day 3 : Pu Luong – Ninh Binh
8:00 Am: Start your day by hiking down into the beautiful valley from your accommodation, passing through spectacular rice fields and follow small paths to slowly reach Chom Uoi and Chom Lan villages. Your camera will help you capture these unforgettable moments. During the hike, you will witness the changing landscapes of rice terraces intermingled with villages, fields, ponds, streams and mountains. Countine walking to Pho Doan to have lunch at local restaurant.
In the afternoon transfer to Ninh Binh. On the way, visit the sacred fish stream in Cam Luong. This place is well known for a special kind of fish that populate the stream. It’s called a sacred fish for the many mysterious stories created around this special creature. Continue travel to Ninh Binh, check in your accommodation in the late afternoon.
Day 4 : Ninh Binh – Hanoi
8:00 Am:Take a 15km bike ride (optional) or walk through the villages. A journey along the dyke will offer you gorgeous landscapes of rice fields, a river and limestone mountains. There are several stops for you to take beautiful photos or encounter the locals then walk to discover Thung La temple, dating back to the 11th century. Meet Mr Tuong, the temple guardian, and enjoy an authentic conversation as well as a 20 minute drum show.
Continue to take a sampan boat trip along the stream and among the limestone mountains to discover the beauty of Van Long nature reserve. If lucky, you might get to see white monkeys and egrets on the cliffs. After the boat trip, visit an embroidery village and take part in an embroidery course under the instruction of local craftswoman, Mrs Lam. She will proudly explain the techniques of her traditional craft. This will be a good opportunity for you to practice on fabric like a real craftsman.
Return your bike to homestay, say good bye the host. End of the day, transfer from Ninh Binh to Hanoi. Enjoy the journey passing Red River delta with a lot of chance taking pictures of rice fiels, peaceful countryside.
- English speaking tour guide following itinerary
- All entrance fees and tickets mention on itinerary
- Selected Accommodations with daily breakfast
- Boat: Chieng Lau bamboo rafting, Van Long sampan boat
- Private transportation following itinerary
- Meal: Breakfast: 03, Lunch: 03, Dinner: 03
- Bike: Mai Chau, Ninh Binh
- Entertainment / Show: Thung La temple music
- 01 bottle of water per pax per day
- Service charges and Taxes
- International flight from/to your country
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses
- Tipping and Gratuities
- Other not mentioned in the program
- The Price is NOT included Payment fees (Bank or Gateway fee)
- Promotion is subject to availability upon confirmation
- If you cancel a trip after making a booking you will lose some or all of the money you have paid for the trip. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation. If you cancel a trip :
- 3 days or more prior to departure, we will refund 100% of your money
- 2 days prior to departure, we will refund 50% of total money you already paid
- 1 days prior to departure, we will refund 0% of total money you already paid.
- If you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services.
- We can change date of your tour for you, if you send us an email to reconfirm at least 1 day before
- We will Refund 100% if weather is bad and can not join the tour.
Children Policy :
- The rate for children applicable for one child sharing a twin or double cabin with two adults
- For infant (<04 years old): FOC except domestic ticket cost
- 04 - 11 years old without bed: 50% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old with extra bed: 75% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old in twin share: 90% adult rate