The Pu Luong limestone landscape is an area of outstanding beauty, culture interest and high biodiversity value stretching from Mai Chau in the North to West to Cuc Phuong national park in the South East. It is blessed with rich forest, limestone panoramas, magnificent rice terraces and breathtaking scenery.
Experience the nature and culture of Mai Ha and Pu Luong Nature Reserve. Head into the depths of scuplted rice terraces by bicycle and foot.
Take the opportunity to explore the spectacular limestone mountains and we are also guests of traditional wooden stilt-houses of White Thai and Muong people. A truly enriching experience!
Highlight of the Trip :
An excursion to experience the authentic culture of the minority people, immerse into the stunning landscapes in Mai Chau, Pu Luong and Ninh Binh
- Muong, Thai ethnic minority’s culture
- Mountain landscapes in Mai Chau, Pu Luong
- Homestay experience
Tour information :
Duration: 3 Days
Transportation : Bus / Private Car
Pick Up Service: Hanoi Old Quarter Center
Easy Cancellation: 3 Days Before
Day 1 : Following with breakfast at your hotel in Hanoi. We depart from Hanoi to Mai Chau District, about 150 km south-west of Hanoi. On arrival at a village of Mai Ha, we hike and cycle around the open rice fields, and idyllic villages in a particularly picturesque part of the area. Lunch is served in a local family. We absorb the daily life and appreciate the warmth and friendliness of the local people we meet along the way. Afternoon finds us hiking along a footpath surrounded by terraces and picturesque hills. We hike due to Hang Village. The night is spent in one of the White Thai family.The Thai people are an ethnic minority group originally from southern China and ethnically linked to the Thai in Thailand.
We enjoy the warm hospitality over a dinner with the host and an overnight stay in a traditional stilt-house.
Approx: 150 km with about 4 hours driving – 7-9 km of trekking – 1-2 hour bicycle ride
Day 2 : The day begins with a beautiful hike through the tiers of splendid rice terraces, past several idyllic villages, verdant hillocks, lush farmlands and beautiful mountains. Finally, we arrive in Kho Muong village, located in a picturesque valley and home to the Muong people. Tonight we settle in with a Muong family in a traditional wooden house to experience their way of life.
Approx: 15-18 km hike
Day 3 : Kho Muong has the beautiful scenery featuring stunning rice terraces, spectacular limestone karsts and idyllic villages – a perfect place for our last day in Pu Luong.
After breakfast we hike around corn fields and rice terraces, along towering mountains and verdant hills. We see the villages and people going about their day.
This is followed by our journey back to Hanoi, arriving there at about 17pm. Finish unforgettable the Northwest Vietnam 3 days 2 nights Tour with TrekkingHagiang.com. Good bye & see you in the next time! We can arrange additional customized trips for you if the above itinerary does not match your expectations.
Approx:150 km with about 4 hours driving – 10-12 km hike
- English speaking guide (other language guide is upon your request)
- Homestay in Mai Chau and Kho Muong
- Meal as mentioned in program ( B= Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner ) in the local restaurants or picnics where no suitable restaurant available.
- Entrance fees, sight seeing fee for all visits as mentioned in the program.
- Private Vihicles and Drivers
- Visa Arrival to Vietnam
- Service Charge & Government Taxes
- Purified water and wet towel
- All taxes and service charge.
- Other meal, drink, Tip to guide and driver, personal expenses
- Travel Insurance
- The Price is NOT included Payment fees (Bank or Gateway fee)
- Promotion is subject to availability upon confirmation
- If you cancel a trip after making a booking you will lose some or all of the money you have paid for the trip. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation. If you cancel a trip :
- 3 days or more prior to departure, we will refund 100% of your money
- 2 days prior to departure, we will refund 50% of total money you already paid
- 1 days prior to departure, we will refund 0% of total money you already paid.
- If you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services.
- We can change date of your tour for you, if you send us an email to reconfirm at least 1 day before
- We will Refund 100% if weather is bad and can not join the tour.
Children Policy :
- The rate for children applicable for one child sharing a twin or double cabin with two adults
- For infant (<04 years old): FOC except domestic ticket cost
- 04 - 11 years old without bed: 50% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old with extra bed: 75% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old in twin share: 90% adult rate