6-Day Hanoi – Halong Bay – Sapa Highlight Tour
On this 6-day North Vietnam tour, you will see the best highlights of Hanoi, explore the World Heritage site of Halong Bay on a private junk cruise, visit the hill tribe villages in the picturesque; Sapa and you will discover the hidden treasure of Vietnam on this trip.
Tour route: Hanoi – Halong Bay – Sapa
Duration: 6 days
Date: No fixed departure dates. You may go whenever you wish.
Tour type: Full board package
Tour Customizable: Absolutely! (Tell us your specific requirements in the inquiry form)
Active level: Classic & adventure
Brief Itinerary :
Day 1: Arrival in Hanoi – Sunset & Coffee time in the Westlake area
Day 2: Hanoi – Halong Bay
Day 3: Hanoi city tour & Shopping at Royal City – Night train to Sapa
Day 4: Sapa
Day 5: Sapa – Bus to Hanoi
Day 6: Departure Hanoi
Day 1: Arrival in Hanoi (D)
Arrival airport: Noi Bai International airport
Welcome up on arrival by local tour guide & driver, we then transfer to hotel. On the way, we may stop at the Westlake area to get nice sunset view on the largest lake of Hanoi, and enjoy Vietnamese coffee in the coffee shop on the lake bank. After checking in, we have our dinner at fine restaurant in town. Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 2: Hanoi – Halong Bay (B, L, D)
Halong Bay is one of Vietnam’s World Natural Heritage sites. This is a place that not be missed when visiting Vietnam. Within 4 hour boating around the thousands of islands and islets we will discover the entire heritage site by enjoying on boat and walking into the cave. Followings our breakfast at hotel, we travel northward to Halong city where we are welcome on boat by crew team. We will have a delicious seafood lunch on boat. After the boat trip, we are back to Hanoi for our.
Day 3: Hanoi city tour – Night train to Sapa (B, L, D)
Today we visit Ho Chi Minh Complex, where we will spend a couple of hour to visit: Ho Chi Minh’s mausoleum, his former stilt-house residence, the Presidential Palace, the Ho Chi Minh museum and one pillar pagoda. Keep going to see the Temple of Literature: Originally built as a temple to Confucius, this is the site of Vietnam’s first university dating back to 1070. The temple highlights the importance that Vietnamese society placed then and now on education.
Lunch will be at a fine local restaurant in Hanoi.
In the afternoon, we transfer to the Royal city to visit and do some shopping in the biggest business center in Hanoi. There are some options for visitors such as do skiing, swimming in the biggest indoor Water Park in Vietnam or just walking around and do shopping. Before transferring to the train station for Sapa trip, we have our dinner at a local restaurant in town. Overnight on train.
Day 4: Sapa (B, L, D)
We arrive at the train station at around 6am then we meet the local tour guide who may be a H’mong or Kinh’s male or female. We driving up to mountain to Sapa town, stop on the way to catch the sunrise view at nice places. Later, we enjoy breakfast at hotel and start exploring the beautiful mountain city. We venture the Ham Rong Mountain, come closer with thousands of flowers, cloud and nature; enjoy the traditional music performance by H’mong or Red Dao girls and boys…
After lunch, we walk down to the valley to visit Cat Cat village, home of Black H’mong people. We can stop whenever we want to take photos, talk to small boys or girls or see the stunning view of valley… On the way back, we can try “xe om” services if we are tired or we walk back to the town with tour guide. Dinner with Salmon hot pot in a local restaurant.
Day 5: Sapa – Bus to Hanoi (B, L)
After breakfast, we drive to Muong Hoa Valley where we meet many local H’mong and Red Dzao women selling the souvenirs. This is the largest rice paddy terrace in the area. Arriving at the gate of the village, we start walking into the village. On the way, we will meet many interesting working people in the field, they may be mother working on a piece of water rice field while a baby sitting on the nylon mattress on the bank; or they may be a family with parents and children sitting around the table and chatting with tourists…. The walk takes us from Lao Chai village of Black H’mong people to Ta Van village, home of the Giay minority people. Later today, we are back to Sapa town for our lunch and we do the journey down to Hanoi by Express bus. Arriving in Hanoi at 21h30, we transfer to hotel. Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 6: Hanoi – Departure (B)
Departure airport: Noi Bai International airport
Free at leisure for last minute shopping before transferring back to the airport for our flight to home. Trip ends.
- Private transfer with air – conditioner & good driver
- Shuttle bus Hanoi – Halong – Hanoi
- One way train Hanoi – Lao Cai (Sapa)
- Express bus Sapa – Hanoi
- English speaking guide (other language upon request)
- Accommodation based on Twin/BDL sharing
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Entrance fee
- Boat excursion
- A bottle of water/person/way
- Cozy Vietnam Travel’s gift
- Other airfares and taxes in international flight to Vietnam & out of Vietnam.
- Foods and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
- Visa and visa fee to Vietnam
- Entrance fees and permits during free time
- Personal travel insurance (compulsory)
- Personal expenses such as Bar, telephone & Laundry bills
- Tips and gratuities
- Sunblock cream & sunglasses
- Umbrella or raincoat
- Appropriate clothing for the season
- DO NOT WEAR SHORTS or your shoulders need to be covered when visiting temple !
- Some cash for drinks and tips
- The Price is NOT included payment fees (Bank or Gateway fee)
- Promotion is subject to availability upon confirmation
- If you cancel a trip after making a booking you will lose some or all of the money you have paid for the trip. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation. If you cancel a trip :
- 3 days or more prior to departure, we will refund 100% of your money
- 2 days prior to departure, we will refund 50% of total money you already paid
- 1 days prior to departure, we will refund 0% of total money you already paid.
- If you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services.
- We can change date of your tour for you, if you send us an email to reconfirm at least 1 day before
- We will Refund 100% if weather is bad and can not join the tour.
Children Policy :
- The rate for children applicable for one child sharing a twin or double cabin with two adults
- For infant (<04 years old): FOC except domestic ticket cost
- 04 - 11 years old without bed: 50% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old with extra bed: 75% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old in twin share: 90% adult rate.