Sapa – Coc Ly Market Tour – 4 Days
This is a very special market, which takes place only on Tuesday. Coc Ly is a small market where you can meet several ethnic minorities such as Flower Hmong, Black Zao, Phu La, Nung and Tay. The trip offers you a one-way boat ride along Chay River and a short walk to Trung Do village of Tay minority.
- Walk through the lush terraced rice fields and idyllic villages
- Enjoy the tranquil and breath-taking of Sapa Valley
- Go deeply into the colorful culture of ethnic minorities in Sapa
- Savor the delicious meals
- Experience the unique Coc Ly market and get some lovely souvenirs
- Cruise along the River and tour all the spots on the route
Experience our service with
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air- conditioned, big window
- Cozy Vietnam Travel Office: 24/7 customer service, accommodate all your needs
Day 1: Hanoi – Night train to Lao Cai
08:00 PM: pick up at the lobby of the hotel in Hanoi; transfer to Hanoi Railways station for night train to Sapa.
Overnight on train.
Day 2: Lao Cai – Sapa – Cat Cat – Y Linh Ho – Lao Chai – Ta Van (B, L)
Around 06:00, we arrive in Lao Cai Railways station, There will be a vehicle waiting to transfer us to Sapa. The drive to Sapa is only 33 km but it takes around 1 hours. Once at Sapa, we will have breakfast, then we first sneak through the Sapa market and leave the busy town behind, following a road going downhill to Cat Cat village. We will stop by a waterfall and a hydroelectric station for a while before continuing the trek on a dirt trail through rice paddy terraces. We enjoy spectacular scenery while walking along a narrow river. We eventually arrive in Y Linh Ho village of Black Hmong minority, where we can take a rest with picnic lunch.
After lunch, we head toward Muong Hoa valley, passing through Lao Chai village of Black Hmong minority and then Tavan village of Giay minority by following a very popular trekking route. At the end of the day, we return Sapa from Tavan by car. Overnight in Sapa town.
Approx: 0,5 hour driving / 5 hours walking / 1 hour lunch.
Day 3: Sapa – Coc Ly market – Lao Cai – Night train to Hanoi (B, L)
After breakfast at the hotel, we check out and travel by car to Coc Ly market. The market locates by the Chay River, which flows from China. Every Tuesday morning, minorities from surrounding villages such as Flower Hmong, Black Zao, and Tay, gather to sell and buy their products. After visiting the market, we travel by boat downstream. Along the ride, we can enjoy magnificent sight of the beautiful caves and life on the riverbank. We have lunch later at a village.
The trip will also offer us a visit to Trung Do village of Tay minority, where we can stop in a traditional Tay house for a cup of tea. We will go further downstream until we arrive at Bao Nhai Bridge. Here we get in the car for the journey back to Lao Cai. Overnight on train.
Approx: 5 hours driving/ 1.5 hours boat cruise/ 0.5-hour walking/ 1-hour lunch
Day 4: Hanoi – Arrival
Welcome upon arrival at Hanoi Railways station then transfer to hotel. Trip ends.
Price: Please contact us for your special price.
- English speaking guide in Sapa
- Private transfer in Hanoi/ Sapa
- Train ticket Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi: 4 soft sleeper berth cabin with A/ C
- 4 star resort with daily breakfast
- Breakfast up on arrival at hotel
- Entrance fees and permits
- Boat trip on Chay river
- Meals indicated in the itinerary
- All other services not indicated above
- Hotel in Hanoi
- Sunblock cream & sunglasses
- Umbrella or raincoat
- Appropriate clothing for the season
- DO NOT WEAR SHORTS or your shoulders need to be covered when visiting temple !
- Some cash for drinks and tips
- The Price is NOT included payment fees (Bank or Gateway fee)
- Promotion is subject to availability upon confirmation
- If you cancel a trip after making a booking you will lose some or all of the money you have paid for the trip. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation. If you cancel a trip :
- 3 days or more prior to departure, we will refund 100% of your money
- 2 days prior to departure, we will refund 50% of total money you already paid
- 1 days prior to departure, we will refund 0% of total money you already paid.
- If you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services.
- We can change date of your tour for you, if you send us an email to reconfirm at least 1 day before
- We will Refund 100% if weather is bad and can not join the tour.
Children Policy :
- The rate for children applicable for one child sharing a twin or double cabin with two adults
- For infant (<04 years old): FOC except domestic ticket cost
- 04 - 11 years old without bed: 50% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old with extra bed: 75% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old in twin share: 90% adult rate.