Sapa Trekking Tour – 5 Days
On this Sapa tour, you will trek along Muong Hoa River sneaking through the valley nearby Sapa town, which is surrounded by huge rice paddy terraces. On the way, you will learn more about how is the rice cultivating, from when the seed sowed to harvested, until being served as cooked rice on your dinner table. The night you spend in Ta Van village, the unique village in Sapa area where Giay minority live will be an excellent experience.
Highlights of 5-Day Sapa Trekking Tour
- Revel in the stunning landscape of Sapa Valley
- Enjoy overnight stays with friendly, hospitable family
- Take one of the most popular hiking trails, through the villages of ethnic minorities
- Experience the rustic living of locals
- Discover the beauty of Sapa in the off-the-beaten-track route
- Feast on delicious meals
Experience our service with
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years of driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned, big window
- Cozy Vietnam Travel Office: 24/7 customer service, accommodate all your needs
Day 1: Hanoi – Night Train to Lao Cai
You will be picked up at the lobby of the hotel in Hanoi then transfer to Hanoi Railways station for night train to Sapa. Overnight on train.
Day 2: Lao Cai – Sapa – Cat Cat – Y Linh Ho – Ta Van (B, L, D)
Welcome upon arrival at Lao Cai railways station, we transfer to Sapa town for our breakfast at the hotel, relax then we first sneak through the market and leave the busy town behind. After a couple of minutes, we will follow a road going downhill to Cat Cat village. On the way, we will stop by a waterfall and a hydroelectric station for a while before trekking on a dirt trail through rice paddy terraces. We will also enjoy spectacular scenery while walking along a narrow river. We eventually arrive in Y Linh Ho village of Black Hmong minority, where we can take a rest and have lunch nearby the river.
Follow the road going downhill to visit Cat Cat Village After lunch, we head Muong Hoa valley, pass through Lao Chai village of Black Hmong minority and then Ta Van village of Giay minority by following a very popular trekking route. We will spend the night at the local house of Giay minority. We also can swim in the nearby river.
Approx: 5 hours walking/ 1-hour lunch.
Day 3: Ta Van – Giang Ta Chai – Su Pan (B, L)
Breakfast at home-stay, we leave for Giang Ta Chai village of Red Dao minority and trekking through the bamboo forest, which belongs to Hoang Lien National Park. On the way, we will pass by a waterfall where we will have time to take a rest and enjoy the surroundings.
After lunch, we continue toward Su Pan, a small village located by the road. Here we start our journey back to Sapa by car. Overnight in Sapa.
Approx: 1-hour driving/ 3 hours walking/ 1-hour lunch.
Day 4: Sapa – Heaven Gate – Silver Waterfall – Lao Cai – Night Train to Hanoi (B, L)
We will relax in the town in the morning. Check out time at 12:00, we then met up at the hotel at around 14:00, depart for the Silver Waterfall. The Silver Waterfall is located about a half hour from Sapa town which offers stunning views of surrounding mountains and lush forests belonging to Hoang Lien National Park. We are advised to stop by a farm for a cup of tea and talk with people to understand their local life.
Then we continue our drive uphill to the Heavens Gate, the highest stretch of road in Vietnam as well as the provincial border of Lao Cai and Lai Chau provinces. Enjoy a fantastic view of the valley! We head back to the hotel for luggage picking up and transfer to Lao Cai. Take the night train to Hanoi. Overnight on train.
Approx: 2 hours driving
Day 5: Hanoi Arrival
Arrive in Hanoi Railways station early in the morning, transfer to hotel. 5-day Sapa trekking tour ends.
- English speaking guide in Sapa
- Private transfer in Hanoi/ Sapa
- Train ticket Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi: 4 soft sleeper berth cabin with A/ C
- 3-star hotel with daily breakfast
- Entrance fees and permits
- Meals indicated in the itinerary
- Water/ snack & fruit
- Drinks & Beverages
- All other services not indicated above
- Hotel in Hanoi
- Sunblock cream & sunglasses
- Umbrella or raincoat
- Appropriate clothing for the season
- DO NOT WEAR SHORTS or your shoulders need to be covered when visiting temple !
- Some cash for drinks and tips
- The Price is NOT included payment fees (Bank or Gateway fee)
- Promotion is subject to availability upon confirmation
- If you cancel a trip after making a booking you will lose some or all of the money you have paid for the trip. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation. If you cancel a trip :
- 3 days or more prior to departure, we will refund 100% of your money
- 2 days prior to departure, we will refund 50% of total money you already paid
- 1 days prior to departure, we will refund 0% of total money you already paid.
- If you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced we are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services.
- We can change date of your tour for you, if you send us an email to reconfirm at least 1 day before
- We will Refund 100% if weather is bad and can not join the tour.
Children Policy :
- The rate for children applicable for one child sharing a twin or double cabin with two adults
- For infant (<04 years old): FOC except domestic ticket cost
- 04 - 11 years old without bed: 50% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old with extra bed: 75% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old in twin share: 90% adult rate.