South Vietnam & Cambodia Extension Tour – 9 Days
Combining the highlights of the two countries, Vietnam and Cambodia, this 9-day trip goes from the hustle and bustle of Saigon, the legendary Cu Chi tunnels, the colorful temple of Caodaism, to the lush green rice basket of Vietnam, the Mekong Delta. Added to this is the majestic Angkor complex and vibrant Phnom Penh. What a memorable journey of both history and culture!
Tour informations :
Tour Route: Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon) – Mekong Delta – Cu Chi Tunnels – Siem Reap – Phnom Penh
Duration: 9 Days/ 8 Nights
Date: No fixed departure dates. You may go whenever you wish.
Start/ End: Saigon/ Siem Reap
Tour Type: Landscape, Nature, Culture, and History
Tour Customizable: Absolutely! (Tell us your specific requirements in the inquiry form)
Active level: Regular itinerary, Moderate walking
Tour Category: Vietnam Cambodia Tours
South Vietnam Itinerary 4 Days
Day 1: Saigon Arrival
Day 2: Saigon – Tay Ninh – Cu Chi – Saigon
Day 3: Saigon – Mekong Delta – Can Tho
Day 4: Can Tho – Mekong Delta – Saigon
Cambodia Itinerary 5 Days
Day 5: Saigon – Phnom Penh (Flight)
Day 6: Phnom Penh – Siem Reap
Day 7: Siem Reap – Angkor Temple
Day 8: Siem Reap – Banteay Srei – Siem Reap
Day 9: Siem Reap Departure
South Vietnam Itinerary 4 Days
Day 1: Saigon Arrival (D)
Upon arrival in Ho Chi Minh City, we will be greeted and transferred to the hotel. After lunch, we visit Thien Hau Pagoda and Binh Tay Market in the cities bustling Chinatown and end at a famous lacquer ware factory. Dinner will feature delicious Saigon cuisine.
Day 2: Saigon – Tay Ninh – Cu Chi – Saigon (B, L)
In the morning we drive through typical southern Vietnamese countryside to Tay Ninh Province, the birthplace of Caodaism. After lunch, we go to the legendary Cu Chi Tunnels, an incredible underground network constructed by the local people and guerillas, where we understand more about the Vietnam War. Then we head back to Ho Chi Minh City.
Day 3: Saigon – Mekong Delta – Can Tho (B, L)
In the morning, we will depart from Ho Chi Minh City and head to My Hiep. Taking a 3 hours boat trip cruising through “Rung Tram” (Water coconut forest), which was used by Viet Cong (Southern Vietnam Liberation Army) during the Vietnam War as a base called Xeo Quyt. After that, we take a bus ride toVinh Long and then Can Tho.
Day 4: Can Tho – Mekong Delta – Saigon (B)
In the morning we take another boat trip to discover the bustling Cai Rang Floating Market (It is the biggest floating market in Vietnam). We have lunch in Can Tho and go back to Ho Chi Minh City. On the way, we stop to visit Vinh Long market and Bonsai Garden in My Tho before heading back to Ho Chi Minh City.
Cambodia Itinerary 5 Days
Day 5: Saigon – Fly to Phnom Penh (B)
Morning is at leisure until transfer to the Airport for the flight to Phnom Penh (one hour flight). In the afternoon we arrive at Pochentong International Airport and transferred to our hotel. After checking in we have the city tour to visit the Royal Palace, the Silver Pagoda, and the National Museum. We also visit the Central and Russian Markets and the Wat Phnom, the oldest monument in the city from which Phnom Penh gets its name.
Day 6: Phnom Penh – Siem Reap (B)
This morning we catch the early Express Speed Boat from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap across the Tonle Sap Lake. Upon arrival, we will be greeted and transferred to Siem Reap for check-in at the hotel and then lunch. In the afternoon, we visit the ancient city of Angkor Thom: The Bayon Temple, the Baphuan, the Elephant Terrace and the Terrace of the Leper King. And we watch the sunset over Angkor Wat from the Phnom Bakheng. Dinner at the restaurant where we can enjoy the traditional dance of the Khmer people.
Day 7: Siem Reap – Angkor Temple (B)
After breakfast, we visit the Ta Prohm temple, Ta Keo temple, Chau Say temples and the natural lake of Sras Srang. After lunch we visit majestic Angkor Wat: The founder was Suryavarman II who reigned Cambodia from 1113 to 1152 and built the five towers in the 12th century and dedicated them to the Hindu God Vishnu.
Day 8: Siem Reap – Banteay Srei – Siem Reap (B)
After breakfast, we go to Banteay Srei Temple “Citadel of Women” which is located 25 km from Siem Reap. This temple is built of Nava Rock and presents the most graceful carvings in stone we might ever see in our life. Having picnic lunch near the site, and then continue to Kbal Spean, the river of thousand Lingas, the phallic symbol of the God Shiva. We will arrive near the site and then walk through the forest for an hour to reach it. Return to Siem Reap.
Day 9: Saigon Departure (B)
After breakfast, we will be transferred to the airport for our flight home or continue our adventure routes.
- English speaking guide/s (other languages upon requests)
- Accommodations: for 5 nights at 5-star hotels & 2 nights at four-star hotels
- Meals indicated in the itinerary
- All transfer transports by private A/C coaches or cars
- Sightseeing as indicated entrance fees and permits
- International airfares: Saigon – Phnom Penh
- Speed boat on Mekong River from Phnom Penh to Siem Reap
- Fluent & knowledgeable English speaking guide/s in each city (Other languages upon request)
- Entrance fees to all scenic spots listed in the itinerary
- Luggage transfers between airports and hotels
- Government taxes and service charges except for tips for tour guides and drivers
- International flights to Saigon and from Siem Reap
- Other meals not included in the itinerary
- Other expenses not included in the itinerary
- Vietnam Visa
Cancellation by Customer
- Cancellation received before 60 days: FREE of charge
- Cancellation received from 30 days to 59 days prior arrival date: 10% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 15 days to 29 days prior arrival date: 30% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 7 days to 14 days prior arrival date: 50% of total rate
- Cancellation received less than 3 days prior arrival date or No show: 100% of total rate
- The rate for children applicable for one child sharing a twin or double cabin with two adults
- For infant (<04 years old): FOC except domestic ticket cost
- 04 - 11 years old without bed: 50% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old with extra bed: 75% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old in twin share: 90% adult rate