Southern Vietnam & Cambodia Tour – 6 Days
This 6-day Vietnam & Cambodia tour itinerary is specially tailor-made for tourists who expect to have a local perspective of unique features of the region of the Mekong River, where the beauty of nature, people and life are fused. Covers the essence of Southern Vietnam and Cambodia including a city full of the vigor of Mekong Delta – Can Tho and the magnificent sites of Cambodia surrounded by natural beauty and charming ancient complex.
Highlights 6-Day Vietnam & Cambodia Tour
- Have a boat trip to the most bustling floating Market in Mekong Delta: Cai Rang
- Give a local perspective of Vietnamese daily activities
- Hike up and down the Sam Mountain to admire the all-inclusive beauty
- Cruise on the Chatomouk River as the dusk falls
- Go deeply into the Cambodian culture at the biggest art museum of Khmer
- Discover the beliefs and worship of Cambodian at Silver Pagoda
- Appreciate the spectacular architecture of Angkor Temple Complex
- Savor the authentic Vietnamese and Cambodian food
- Enjoy scenic beauty on your way
- Guides: Hand-pick from our best guides, mature, acknowledgeable, all are licensed, great senses of humor
- Drivers: friendly, responsible, reliable with many years of driving experience, door-to-door services
- Vehicles: comfortable, spacious, air-conditioned, big window
- Cozy Vietnam Travel Office: 24/7 customer service, accommodate all your needs.
Tour informations :
Tour Route: Mekong Delta with Can tho – Chau Doc – Phnom Penh – Siem Reap
Duration: 6 Days/ 5 Nights
Start/End: Ho Chi Minh City/ Siem Reap
Tour Customizable: Absolutely! (Tell us your specific requirements in the inquiry form)
Active level: Classic
Tour Categories: Vietnam Cambodia Tours
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh Arrival
Day 2: Cai Rang Floating Market – Chau Doc
Day 3: Chau Doc – Boat trip to Phnom Penh – Half Day tour
Day 4: Phnom Penh half day tour – Fly to Siem Reap
Day 5: Angkor Temple complex
Day 6: Siem Reap – Departure
Day 1: Ho Chi Minh Arrival
Upon arrival in Tan Son Nhat airport, you are welcomed by our driver and tour guide then transferred to the hotel and have a rest until being picked up for welcomed dinner at local restaurant.
The rest of the day is your leisure time to explore the city. Overnight in Saigon.
Day 2: Ho Chi Minh City – Can Tho – Cai Rang Market – Transfer to Chau Doc (B, L)
After breakfast, travel to Can Tho and begin a day of exploration with a boat cruise to Cai Rang, a floating market on the Mekong Delta – both the journey and the market provide insights into the Mekong rural lifestyle. Then, you’ll be taken to Chau Doc. Upon arrival, you’ll take a drive to the Sam Mountain. Here you’ll have the opportunity to climb to the summit of Sam Mountain, which is well worth the effort, enjoy the striking views of the pancake-flat Mekong and the plain across the Cambodian border are striking. Overnight in Chau Doc.
Day 3: Chau Doc – Speed boat to Phnom Penh (B, D)
In the morning, speedboat will take you to Cambodia then Phnom Penh. On Phnom Penh arrival, you’ll be met by our local guide and transferred to the hotel.
In the afternoon, you’ll visit the National Museum and the Silver Pagoda, followed by a sunset cruise on the Chatomouk River. Spend the night in Phnom Penh.
Day 4: Phnom Penh – Fly to Siem Reap (B, L, D)
In the morning, we will have a tour here with visits to Tuol Sleng Museum before continuing to the Killing Field of Choeung Ek where prisoners from Security Prison 21 were taken for execution.
After lunch; we are on an afternoon flight to Siem reap, guide & driver welcome & pick –up.
After that, visit Angkor Thom, starting with the Bayon, a bizarre structure of several architectural changes reflecting a switch from Hinduism (the foundations) to Buddhism (the superstructure). As dusk nears, a walk to the summit of Phnom Bakheng Hill will afford a panorama of the whole complex lit by the rays of the setting sun, weather permitting of course. Your overnight accommodation will be in Siem Reap.
Day 5: Siem Reap – Angkor Temple Complex (B, L)
We will explore Angkor Wat this morning, the largest, and for most people, the most impressive temple in the complex. We continue with visits to some of the outer sites including Preah Khan, a huge and highly exploitable monastic complex, Neak Pean, a Himalayan-style lake and sanctuary, and East Mebon, a temple-mountain.
After lunch, you’ll also see Ta Prohm, strangled by massive tree roots and typical of the condition of the whole complex when it was discovered in 1860 by French naturalist Henri Mouhot. Your guide will then show you the Prasat Kravan (also known as the Cardomom Sanctuary) and Srah Srang lake and landing terrace. The Srah Srang is less touristy and could be sunrise alternative to Angkor Wat. Overnight in Siem Reap.
Day 6: Siem Reap – Departure (B)
After breakfast, your time will be on your own until you’re picked up for your departure flight.
- Private transfer with air – conditioner & good driver
- English speaking guide (other languages upon request)
- Accommodation based on Twin/BDL sharing
- All meals as indicated in the itinerary (B= Breakfast, L= Lunch, D= Dinner)
- Entrance fees
- Private boat trip in Mekong Delta
- Joining speed boat Chau Doc to Phnom Penh
- Domestic flight Phnom Penh – Siem Reap
- A bottle of water/person/day
- Other airfares and taxes in international flight to Vietnam & out of Vietnam
- Foods and drinks not mentioned in the itinerary
- Visa and visa fee to Vietnam
- Entrance fees and permits during free time
- Personal travel insurance (compulsory)
- Personal expenses such as bar, telephone & Laundry bills
- Tips and gratuities