Wonderful North Vietnam – 9 Days
Fans of adventures will completely love this tour package within 9-day itinerary in the North of Vietnam. You will have a chance to stay with local people at a real Vietnamese house, join the real activities of the local people without touristic. You will meet the friendly farmers working on the rice fields while you cycle slightly along the paths of the outskirt Hanoi villages….You also enjoy the deluxe junk cruise in Halong Bay with many activities such as kayaking, swimming, visiting cave….
Tour Route: Hanoi, Sapa, Halong Bay, Hanoi
Duration: 9 Days/ 8 Nights
Date: No fixed departure dates. You may go whenever you wish.
Start/ End: Hanoi/ Hanoi
Tour Type: Landscape and Nature, Culture and History
Tour Customizable: Absolutely! (Tell us your specific requirements in the inquiry form)
Active level: Soft biking, walking, Trekking, boating, kayaking…
Tour Category: Vietnam Classic Tours
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival
Day 2: Hanoi City Tour
Day 3: Hanoi – Moon Garden Homestay
Day 4: Hanoi – Night Train to Sapa
Day 5: Sapa Trekking tour & Homestay
Day 6: Sapa – Night Train to Hanoi
Day 7: Hanoi – Halong Bay
Day 8: Halong Bay – Hanoi
Day 9: Hanoi Departure
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival (D)
Welcome upon arrival by Cozy Vietnam Travel’s tour guide and driver, we then transfer to the hotel. Relax in the rest of the day and have welcome dinner at a fine local restaurant in town. Overnight in Hanoi.
Remarks: If your flight to Hanoi in the morning and you want to have some activities in the afternoon, please advise so we will recommend you some optional tours, or you can relax at the hotel.
Day 2: Hanoi City Tour (B, L)
Morning tour today we visit Ho Chi Minh Complex including Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Ba Dinh Square, the Presidential Palace, One Pillar Pagoda and the Temple of Literature, we then stop for lunch. After lunch, we keep on going to one of the most interesting museums in Vietnam, the Ethnology museum to see the pictures, objects on display of 54 ethnic minority people.
Later of the day, we experience one-hour cyclo tour around the Old Quarter, known as the 36 streets; and enjoy the unique Water Puppet show to hear to know Vietnamese traditional instruments and singing from the live musicians who play throughout the show.
Day 3: Hanoi – Moon Garden (Outskirt of Hanoi) (B, L, D)
We have our breakfast at hotel then meet tour guide and driver again for Ky Son village of Hanoi trip. Welcome drink by green tea and exploring the Moon Garden homestay, local market, kindergarten… Before lunch, join the cooking class; then relax.
Afternoon, we are relaxing with hand spa, chatting with the host family then take the bicycle to discover some villages around. We’ll stop at any home for the tea break, kindergarten (if open), try to experience local farmers’ activities…. Before having dinner, we enjoy a happy hour with the drink or local products such as maize, sweet potato, cassava, peanuts… ; End of the day, we enjoy our foot bath in warm water with ginger, salt & mugwort medicinal herbs before bedtime which brings us a deeper sleep.
Day 4: Hanoi – Night Train to Sapa (B, L)
Before breakfast today, we join the Yijinjing traditional exercises; after that, a bike ride along the village to visit Duong Lam Ancient village and Mia Pagoda. Having lunch at Moon Garden before transferring back to Hanoi for our night train to Sapa this evening.
Day 5: Sapa Trekking Tour & Homestay (B, L, D)
Welcome upon arrival at Lao Cai railways station by local guide & driver, we transfer to Sapa town for our short relax and breakfast before trekking to Cat Cat village, Y Linh Ho & Ta Van villages of Black Hmong ethnic minority people. We will have a chance to trek on a dirt trail through rice paddy terraces & have lunch at a local restaurant nearby the river. Tonight we stay at a local house of the Giay people in the Muong Hoa valley.
Day 6: Sapa – Night Train to Hanoi (B, L)
Today we continue on trekking along Giang Ta Chai, the village of the Red Dao minority and Su Pan, a small village located by the road. Then we are back to Sapa and Lao Cai railways station for our night train to Hanoi.
Day 7: Hanoi – Halong Bay (Overnight on Junk Cruise) (B, L, D)
Welcome back to Hanoi by tour guide & driver at Hanoi Railways station, we transfer to a mini hotel for our short stay before transferring to Halong Bay for a 2-day cruise trip.
Driving along the Red River Delta to Tuan Chau port, we move to the junk cruise and enjoy the welcome drink, seafood lunch (the vegetarian menu is available). The cruise takes us around the World Heritage site, passing Dog Head and Swan Islands, Ba Hang Floating villages (with floating houses),Incense Burner then Thumb Islands before reaching Surprising (Sung Sot) Cave and swimming at Titov beach. End of the day, we enjoy the sunset and try coffee, tea, and fruits on the sundeck or we can order our favorite drink from our bar. Dinner and overnight on the Bay.
Day 8: Halong Bay – Hanoi (B, L)
Early wake up to try Tai Chi on sundeck before having buffet breakfast; then we experience kayak around the tranquil Bay. We will be guided if this is the first time to try this. After that, we have time to join cooking demonstration, learn how to make real Vietnamese spring rolls and have lunch before leaving junk cruise back to Hanoi in the afternoon.
Day 9: Hanoi Departure (B)
Today our awaiting vehicle will take us back to the airport for our flight to home. North Vietnam itinerary 9 days ends.
- Private ground transfers and transportations
- English speaking guide (other languages upon request)
- Accommodation with daily breakfast, rooms based on 2 people per room, extra bed upon request
- Homestay in the outskirt of Hanoi
- Homestay in Sapa
- Meals indicated in the itinerary (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Cooking demonstration in the Moon Garden Homestay
- Traditional hand-spa in the Moon Garden Homestay
- Junk cruise in Halong Bay
- Bicycle tour in the outskirt of Hanoi
- All entrance fees and permits
- Water puppet show in Hanoi
- Cyclo ride in Hanoi
- Train tickets round trip Hanoi – Lao Cai – Hanoi (Sapa trip)
- Bottle during the trip
- Government tax and service charge
- International flight tickets
- Airport tax
- Personal expenses
- Meals not indicated
- Visa and visa fee – http://www.itvietnamvisa.com/
- Tips for tour guides, drivers and others
Cancellation by Customer
- Cancellation received before 60 days: FREE of charge
- Cancellation received from 30 days to 59 days prior arrival date: 10% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 15 days to 29 days prior arrival date: 30% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 7 days to 14 days prior arrival date: 50% of total rate
- Cancellation received less than 3 days prior arrival date or No show: 100% of total rate
- The rate for children applicable for one child sharing a twin or double cabin with two adults
- For infant (<04 years old): FOC except domestic ticket cost
- 04 - 11 years old without bed: 50% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old with extra bed: 75% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old in twin share: 90% adult rate