Northern Vietnam Family Tour – 5 Days
Starting from Hanoi, the northern Vietnam family tour in 5 days will take your family to the highlights of Northern Vietnam such as Halong Bay, Bat Trang Ceramic village… Joining with the Classic Vietnam family tour is also a chance for all members of the family to taste and enjoy the special cuisine of Vietnam. This tour is suitable for both family with children or not.
Tour informations :
Tour Route: Hanoi – Halong Bay
Duration: 5 Days/ 4 Nights
Date: No fixed departure dates. You may go whenever you wish.
Start/ End: Hanoi/ Hanoi
Tour Type: Family Classic Tour
Tour Customizable: Absolutely! (Tell us your specific requirements in the inquiry form)
Active Level: Regular itinerary
Tour Category: Vietnam Family Tours
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival
Day 2: Hanoi City Tour & Cooking Class
Day 3: Hanoi – Halong Bay (Overnight on Junk Cruise)
Day 4: Halong Bay – Bat Trang Ceramic Village – Hanoi
Day 5: Hanoi Departure
Day 1: Hanoi Arrival (D)
Your family will meet tour guide upon arrival at the airport then take a short driving to the city. On the way, stop at the Westlake area for a short visit the most beautiful road and view. We may get sunset time or relax and enjoy a cup of coffee, Vietnamese tea or fruit shake. Later, we check in hotel and enjoy welcome dinner at Vietnamese style restaurant. Overnight in Hanoi.
Remarks: There will be a night market in the Old Quarter during the weekends. It’s worth to walk along the street market during night time to get the Vietnamese culture in this place.
Day 2: Hanoi City Tour & Cooking Class (B, L)
This morning, your family will join a cooking class with one of the most famous chefs in Hanoi, Lady Anh Tuyet. She will take your family to the street market of Hang Be to buy all the ingredients and herbs that we use for cooking class later. During the market tour, your family can see how interesting Hanoians buying and selling are. That is not a very busy market nowadays but Hang Be market is still a necessary place for local people purchasing food every day. After that, we walk back to her restaurant and join the hands-on cooking class. The lady chef will teach us how to cook some Hanoian special food that is very easy for you cooking at home. We will enjoy all the food we cooked before when we finish.
In the afternoon, we explore the capital city with its highlights such as Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, One Pillar Pagoda, The Temple of Literature and Hoan Kiem Lake. We also enjoy one-hour water puppet show then back to the hotel by cyclo after that. The cyclo driver will take you a round of Hoan Kiem Lake, pass by the Opera House, Trang Tien street then to the hotel. Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 3: Hanoi – Halong Bay (Overnight on Junk Cruise) (B, L, D)
Halong Bay is the first World Nature Heritage of Vietnam recognized by UNESCO in 1994 with its outstanding values in terms of aesthetics. Nowadays, Halong Bay is home to overnight junk cruise services which is one of the “must-to-stay” while traveling in Vietnam. It’s more than 180km far from Hanoi in the northeast and takes 3 to 3,5-hour driving. It’s not so much tired journey for your family because there is a stop on the way.
We will be welcomed by the crew team who will help us to bring luggage to the boat, cook and serve us during our stay in the Bay. We will explore the tranquil Bay with many activities tailored for in-house guests like kayaking, swimming, sunbathing, cave visiting, boating…. We enjoy all meals at the cruise restaurant and we also can use other additional services such as spa, massage, nail…. This is often the unforgettable time of the trip. Overnight in Halong Bay.
Day 4: Halong Bay – Bat Trang Ceramic Village – Hanoi (B, L)
Today, we enjoy the last valuable time in Halong Bay as well as activities on the cruise. We are recommended to wake up early to join Tai Chi Session with the Master or enjoy the sunrise on the sundeck with a cup of coffee or tea. We check out earlier than usual at 10h00am and the last lunch is ready at around 11h00. The junk cruise back to the pier at midday then we will transfer to Hanoi. The driver will stop us at Bat Trang Ceramic village where is about 15km from Hanoi. We will visit this handicraft village and children will try their skills with the ceramic making class. Overnight in Hanoi.
Day 5: Hanoi Departure (B)
At the appointed time with tour guide last day, we will take our awaiting vehicle to the airport for your departure flight. 5-day Northern Vietnam Family Tour ends.
- Private ground transfers and transportations
- Expert English speaking guide (other languages upon request)
- Accommodation with daily breakfast, rooms based on 2 people per room, extra bed upon request
- Meals indicated in the itinerary (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- All entrance fees and permits
- Water puppet show
- Boat excursions
- Kayaking, swimming….
- Cooking class
- Ceramic making class
- Bottle during the trip
- Government tax and service charge
- Many opportunities for photos
- International flight tickets
- Airport tax
- Personal expenses
- Meals not indicated
- Visa and visa fee – http://www.itvietnamvisa.com/
- Tips for tour guides, drivers and others
Cancellation by Customer
- Cancellation received before 60 days: FREE of charge
- Cancellation received from 30 days to 59 days prior arrival date: 10% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 15 days to 29 days prior arrival date: 30% of total rate
- Cancellation received from 7 days to 14 days prior arrival date: 50% of total rate
- Cancellation received less than 3 days prior arrival date or No show: 100% of total rate
- The rate for children applicable for one child sharing a twin or double cabin with two adults
- For infant (<04 years old): FOC except domestic ticket cost
- 04 - 11 years old without bed: 50% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old with extra bed: 75% adult rate
- 04 - 11 years old in twin share: 90% adult rate